Discussion utilisateur:Mpaulson (WMF)
First, I would like to thank you for taking time to tell us more about what were the previous actions that were taken in the case of the Station hertzienne militaire de Pierre sur Haute article. I would have some more questions that I would like to clarify with you.
First, are you aware of what is going on right now? It seems that one user, who is a sysop here, was summoned and asked by the french authorities to delete the article because it was revealing secret information. In fear of problems with the police, he complied to the order and deleted the article. Your explaination gives some light of why this happened but does not adress the actual problem.
Now, my questions are the following:
- Is it normal that the authorities summon a sysop to delete content?
- Isn't it the Foundation's job, as the host of the content, to deal with these kind of claims?
- If yes, should we just restore the article and let you guys at the Foundation deal with it?
- If no, to what extent is the responsability of the person summoned with regard to the content if he was in no way related to it prior to the claim by the police?
- If the Foundation choses not to act in this, would you guys back the community if it decided not to delete the article? Would you back the individual sysop in the legal problems that may arise from a refusal to comply?
- Does the Foundation have a general policy about deletion of content that is regarded by authorities as illegal or problematic?
- Will the Foundation fund someone to seek legal help in France and in french if some trouble arises from the situation?
It would be a great help if we could have a better understanding of the position of the Foundation on this issue not just a background report. Thank you very much for your answers.